Network Congestion error when live streaming
If you are seeing a message such as the one shown shown in the example below this could be caused by any of the reasons below. Further below you will find some troubleshooting steps to follow to help resolve:
1) The connection speed on your device where you are viewing from is being traffic shaped or limited in some way by your provider. This is something you may see in particular when your mobile/tablet is connected over a public WiFi network (airport, hotel, etc) or a workplace environment (as many businesses traffic shape the p2p protocols related to video streaming etc).
It may also be that your ISP is traffic shaping certain p2p protocols. Please check with them, as regardless of your Broadband speed any limiting of peer to peer streaming protocols will affect your ability to live stream from any IP camera, and not just Moobox.
2) The upload speed of the connection where your camera is located is experiencing issues or is being limited in some way. Close the app, wait a few minutes and then try again. If the issue persists check the network where the camera is located to ensure you have at least 2Mbps upload bandwidth.
3) Also note that if you have other family or friends using the same account and are multiple people are viewing the cameras concurrently then the upload speed of the camera's stream will be compromised and will also result in this message being seen. Wait a while and try again once others have finished viewing.
Troubleshooting steps to improve connectivity between camera and your Moobox hub:
1) Close the app on your phone/tablet. Now turn off the affected camera (by pressing the button for 5 to 6 seconds till you see the front LED flash red). After a minute or so turn the camera back on (press the button and when you see the LED on front flash green release your finger off the button immediately). Now wait for the camera and hub to automatically re-sync and then after a minute or so open the app again and check the video stream.
2) If the above has not improved matters then try a reboot of the Moobox hub (as a reboot of the hub will reset the WiFi channel used by the hub and use the best next channel as broadcast by your broadband router). Give the hub a minute or so to reboot and the cameras another minute or so to re-sync - then open the app and check the camera Live stream.
If neither of the above has helped drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the issue and the steps you have taken and a member of the support team can get back to you with more direct help.